CVS - Bulgaria has been working on international volunteer exchanges since 1998 and is a branch of the international organization Service Civil International. The goals of CVS – Bulgaria are:
- To promote the idea of voluntary work by organizing voluntary initiatives
- To motivate young people to participate in activities and volunteer initiatives
- To promote and support international understanding and solidarity, social justice and environmental protection
One of the main activities of the association is organising international volunteer camps in Bulgaria and sending volunteers abroad. The camps have different themes and participants come from all over the world and can be from 18 to 99 years old. Besides being a wonderful alternative to summer vacation, international volunteer camps are an opportunity for everyone to contribute to making our world a better place! All this while working, having fun, learning and communicating!
For more information about CVS - Bulgaria please visit the website www.cvs-bg.org or contact us at email@example.com
Caritas Sofia is member of Caritas Bulgaria and part of a global network of over 160 members working in almost every country in the world. The Caritas Internationalis network works internationally to ensure that the most vulnerable people in society are served through emergency response, sustainable development and peace building.
Caritas Sofia was established in 1992 and is a registered non-profit organisation (no. 2003416009). At Caritas Sofia, voluntary and paid staff work on a daily basis to support the spiritual and material need of vulnerable groups and individuals in the Sofia area, and to help to overcome feelings of hatred and misunderstanding in society. In addition to the refugee project, It provides a variety of projects and social services including:
- A day centre for young people with disabilities
- A centre for social rehabilitation and integration of people with disabilities
- Domestic carers for the elderly
- Support for dependent drug users
- A variety of projects supporting single mothers, children from mintority communities, people affected by disasters and refugees and migrants
For more information, see the Caritas Sofia website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.