The Refugee Project is looking for volunteers!
The Refugee Project is once again recruiting for volunteers to work with children, youth and adults in the refugee reception centres in Sofia.
Volunteers will prepare and deliver educational activities for children and adult refugees and asylum seekers in the following subjects: Bulgarian language and orientation, English, computer skills, art, music and sports.
- Organising activities in one or more of the following subjects: Bulgarian language and orientation, English language, maths and science, computer skills, art, sports, gardening or music.
- Engaging the attention and interest of children, adolescents and adults who attend classes;
- Planning and organising activities as part of a small team
- Participation in the organisation of extracurricular activities: trips, events and tournaments, visits to museums, theaters, cinemas and more.
- Morning or afternoon on weekdays
- At least once per week for two hour sessions
- Over 18 years;
- Willingness and ability to work with children, young adults;
- Responsibility and ability to work independently following training by coordinators of the project;
- Interest in different cultures;
- Ability to perform the tasks undertaken within the specified time limits;
- Ability to work with other volunteers to plan and implement the activities;
- Experience working with children is an advantage, as is education in social work and / or pedagogy;
- Knowledge of Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Pashtu or Kurdish would be useful; other languages a plus.
Project Duration 17 October 2016 - February 28, 2017
Compulsory training: 15 and 16 October
Activities begin: October 17
Ovcha Kupel Sofia, kv. Ovcha Kupel, Montevideo str. 21A
Voenna Rampa str. "Lokomotiv" 11 Serdika - School of Architecture and Interior Woodworking, Sofia
Vrazhdebna bul. "Botevgradsko road" №270